Challenge Cup Match 1

Home Forums Prediction Game Challenge Cup Match 1

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard Hamje
    Keymaster

The Thorns Prediction Game: Reading the PTFC Leaves

The Thorns face the North Carolina Courage on Saturday morning in Utah. The match is at 10:30am local time – not when soccer is usually played. As far as is known, the Courage’s entire roster is available. The Thorns are without Tobin Heath and Sophia Smith.

How this works:
    Add a comment to this post. In the comment title put your predicted result, for example 3-1 Thorns.

In the body of your comment, start with the goals and assists, like so:
    Lussi (Klingenberg)
    Sinclair (Free kick)
    Weaver (Unassisted)
    Williams (PK)

Next, name the first yellow card recipient: First yellow to Mewis.
    Then reds, if any. (NOTE: no points awarded for correctly calling a red-card-free match, so take a guess.) Dahlkemper gets a straight red for an intentional handball just outside the box

Make your fun prediction: Both teams are rusty, there are 49 throw-ins.

Scoring:
    · Correct score: 5 points
    · Correct result (draw/win/loss): 3 points
    · Each clean sheet: 2 points
    · Each goal-scorer: 1 point
    · Each FK/PK/assist/lack of assist: 1 point
    · Goal/assist bonus: 1 point
    · Player with the first yellow card of the match: 1 point
    · Each player with a red card: 1 point (Cannot earn points for predicting 0 red cards)
    · Most recommended/most outrageously accurate prediction: 2 points

Some ground rules and explanations/clarifications (the fine print):
    Comments must be posted before kickoff, but you can edit or amend an earlier prediction right up to the starting whistle.
    Keep your scoreline predictions realistic. No crazy scores just to pad out your odds of getting goals and assists.
    The goal/assist bonus is an additional point if you predict the correct scorer and assistant on the same goal, for example, you say Reynolds scores from a Boureille assist and that is exactly what happens. P.S. if you say exactly that, and it happens, I will hunt you down and buy you a beer!
    Be clear whether you think a goal will be unassisted, assisted, or from a PK/FK. Unassisted = no assist, run of play; Assisted = player who got the assist; PK/FK = not in run of play. For the purposes of this thread, Penalty Kick and Free Kick are the same thing. No entry means unassisted.

Have fun, tell your friends, let me know if you have any questions or if I screw up your score.

John Lawes

Carolina 2 : 1 Portland

Debinha (u/a)
    Horan (Rodriguez)
    Williams (Mewis)

YC Sauerbrunn
    RC Dahlkemper

The teams combine for 22 fouls (11 each), 16 shots (13 NCC, 3 PTFC)

Daniel Stratton
    Participant

3-0

Williams (Daniels)
    Denibha (Dunn)
    McDonald (Williams)

First yellow to Horan

Horan picks up a second yellow and gets a red card

Even with the bubble someone still manages to run around on the field uninvited. This person is still respectful of social distancing making sure to stay 6+ feet away from everyone even security. They then exit the field voluntarily after 60 seconds of running, and turns theirself in to local law enforcement.

Ted Sarvata
    Participant

3-0

Doesn’t matter who or how.

I get real sad.

Constant Weeder
    Participant

Thorns 1-4 NCC

Horan (Weaver)
    Williams (Dunn)
    Mewis (Dahlkemper)
    Debinha (unassisted)
    Dunn (Mace)

YC:Labbe
    RC: Daniels

Adhering to Riley’s philosophy that, “If we’re shooting our opponent isn’t,” the Courage manage to get off 50 shots, six of which are on target.

John Lawes

Glad to see I’m not the only Eeyore here about today’s meeting.

But, yeah…just seems like it’s going to be ugly for PTFC. My hope is that Parsons will use this as a learning experience to figure out a plan to actually beat these people.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.